Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Happy Diwali

On a cold Saturday night, I approached a house where little tea lights illuminated the walkway to the front door. Inside there were joyful people celebrating the festival of lights. No, I was not celebrating Christmas or Hanukkah, but rather Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights. Anuradha invited me to this wonderful celebration, complete with delicious Indian food, fun company and gambling. Her family friends were great fun to talk to and the card game was a blast (even though I got creamed!)


I am currently in DC on business, which is great! I'm learning a bunch, I'm not at my desk and my Papa John's pizza and Singapore Bistro dinner have been put on my expense account!!! Today I'm off for lunch with my old colleagues. Business trips are a good thing!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you could make it!! Have fun in DC!

Anuradha

10:47 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

Yay for DC!! You should go out with people to Flat Top Grill-- it's kitty corner from the Ballston stop on the orange out in VA. It was my fav DC restaurant- about $14 for a all you can eat dinner, but I never managed to eat more than 2 bowls.

2:21 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Flat Top Grill is yummy! Move to DC next year and you could be a regular there... Then again, you could also start on in Tuebingen. The Germans would love it!

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erin!

My stylist friend in Prague posted a notice for this sample sale on her blog. Since it's in your 'hood, I thought I'd pass along the info. It'd give you an excuse to check out Brooklyn fashion!

Her blog is http://stylebites.blogspot.com - look for the "Designer Sample Sale at Mociun Studio" post.

If you go, let me know what you thought! :-)

4:37 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

ooh, thanks! I won't be in town this weekend, but I have added the store address to my "to do in NYC" file. Right now the file almost exclusively revolves around food (big surprise) so I am glad to have another place to visit:-)

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home