Tuesday, October 31, 2006

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Happy Halloween!! Andy tells me that Greenwich Village is the place to be in NYC on Halloween. I will have to check that out next year. The place not to be is midtown...I did not see a single person dressed in even remotely festive attire this morning. All black, aka the New York City uniform, does not count. There was a guy selling light-up devil horns in the subway yesterday. Not sure whether that was for Halloween or Devil's night! I should have bought a pair!

Here are some Halloween related pictures for your viewing pleasure:



Leland dressed as a World Cup Soccer Champion!











A scary veggie that my mom is currently buying...it is not broccoli, just look!








Taylor family pumpkins. Can you see the gobblin in the background?







I think I will eat all the Butterfingers and give the rest to the trick-or-treaters!!






Check out these links to see what 2 of my favorite European countries think about Halloween. (Sorry, the German article is in German.)
Article from Germany
Article about the UK

Ooh, I just found one more interesting (only in America) Halloween story:
NY Times Article

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing Leland in the Italia jacket makes me want to have a little pet to dress up as well... hmmm... maybe that's why I'm still keeping D around!?!

Happy Halloween!! >:)

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That scary vegetable is called "Broccoflower" or "Romanesco", and yes, it is just as scary as Brussels sprouts - better make a run for it!
Happy Halloween!!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I think Lorelei is correct, it is called Broccoflower. I think it actually tastes okay...like cauliflower. We also have a yellow version of something similar in the fridge. But what the heck, I think that is a case of GMO run amok.

@JP, I have do doubt that you will keep D properly dressed. I seem to remember some snazzy outfits in Rome.

1:21 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

Romanesco is definitely yummy! Warmed up with a little butter, salt and pepper, I'd rank it up with broccoli. :-)

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home