Friday, October 27, 2006

Stay At Home Mom

It is with major guilt that I sit writing this entry. I have decided I cannot be a working mom. What on earth am I talking about, you ask?

My parents are gone for a few days, so I was responsible for getting a sleeping Leland ready for the day before work this morning. He had to get up early enough to potty twice. He needed a soft breakfast (at 14 years old, he doesn’t have many teeth) and carrots cooked for snacks later in the day. Then I decided he should wear his new (very “metro”) orange Polo shirt because he was shivering a bit. I got him all ready and then I had to leave. It was crushing for both of us! If I can barely leave the dogs, there is no way I could leave a kid.

I would have much rather been Leland’s stay at home mom today--let him sleep in, snuggle with him, make him breakfast. With any luck I will be heading home on an early train today to see my little man!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

does leland like the italia jacket?

11:19 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Unfortunately the jacket is not his favorite. But he wears it sometimes. I'll take a picture:-)

7:21 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

erin, i think that when leland finally goes up to doggy heaven (hopefully not for a long time, of course), he is going to be mighty disappointed... i can't imagine that it's possible for him to be any more "verwöhnt" up there than he is with you guys! :-)

11:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh boy. You make your dog a wuss, you realize that? A dog has fur, therefor it needs no clothes. Well, at least not if it's completely hairless or heredetarily defective...

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bense, Leland shivers sometimes! Some dogs do not have enough fur for the climate in which they live. Yes, some dogs wear jackets when they do not need them (and sometimes it can even be hard on their fur/hair) but little dogs need extra protection. Dogs who will benefit from the extra warmth -- especially in very cold climates -- include those who are older or have short or thin fur and hair.
In the right climate, humans don't need clothes either...but unfortunately I and Erin and most of this blog's readers don't live in that climate. Bichons aren't from the U.S. - they originated in the Mediterranean...

11:26 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

In my family we like to call Leland, not spoiled or a wuss, but indulged:-) He really does shiver though... he's old and our house is drafty.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home