Wednesday, June 27, 2007

BH Updates


I've been running (jogging) every other day and am getting a kick out of watching the progress at the Floating Lady pool that is to open in Brooklyn Heights on the 4th of July. In the last 10 days, the beach has been installed. It looks a bit silly because the pool and beach is in a super industrialized area. But I like that the beach creators haven't just dumped the sand; it has actually taken on a neat organic shape. I'm also pleased to see that by 7am each morning, guys are putting the final touches on the pool and barge. I even ran down Joralemon yesterday so I understood where the entrance to the pool will be. Like I said, the area is industrial, but it will work!

In other news, major progress is being made on Five Guys Famous Burgers and Fries on Montague. At 7pm on Tuesday, I saw guys with paint rollers working away. The lights were on, tables set down, menus up. Matt (aka the burger guru) emailed the restaurant and was told they plan to open on July 1. Hope the veggie burger doesn't disappoint!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home