Saturday, June 02, 2007

California Dreaming

No, my lack of postings in the last few days doesn't mean I'm dead, it just means I'm in Sacramento, California, forgot the cord that connects my camera to the computer and figured it is hard to describe the trip without pictures.

I'm having a great time in Cali, participating in the orientation for the new German Chancellor Fellows (the fellowship I participated in last year.) I haven't seen 8 of the 9 other fellows from my year since last summer, so we've all enjoyed our mini reunion. Germany seems like it was just yesterday and yet so long ago too. Among the group there are new jobs, new homes, new husbands, new boyfriends, girlfriends, babies...apparently we've been a busy group.

The trip started off a bit rough when I got to the hotel at 12:35am and was told that for some unknown reason they didn't have a room for me, despite actually having a reservation and calling to confirm a late check-in. It was the most Seinfeld experience I've had in ages:



Luckily, after a while, a very nice riverfront suite miraculously appeared and I've been able to stay in that room for my whole stay.

Pictures on Monday when I get back.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss you already but i'll (we'll) be seeing you soon! hope you made your connection, enjoy the summer, and thanks for being fun as usual in sacramento!

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you again... and Lexy, too! I'd comment more, but I'm still recovering...

Pass auf dich auf!
}:0)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Miss you both already. We MUST NOT let it be another 9 months before we get together again.

JP, did the BUKAs wear you and Sacramento out? Uhoh, I'll email you tomorrow.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home