Monday, June 04, 2007

More Sacramento Picts

The American Friends of the Humboldt Foundation has a new advertising campaign...I'm honored, but oh my goodness, do you see it?

The LELAND Stanford House. The brown line shows where the original 1st floor and new 1st floor meet. Sacramento is prone to flooding so the house was raised. Stanford actually had to take a row boat out the top floor for his house to attend his inauguration as governor.

Sergej and Johnna at the California history museum.

I took this picture from under the shade of a tree shortly before being told that 12 people are killed a year in Sacramento because of falling trees and branches. I moved soon after.

State House

Deep thoughts at the State House.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you take a tour of the park outside the State House? If memory serves, that park includes the state tree from each of the 50 states or something like that. I love that place - we played a concert there to celebrate the state's sesquicentennial when I was in high school.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

We did take a tour of the park and the State House, but I don't remember the 50 state thing. There were trees from different parts of Cali though. Funny story...each tree has a tag that refers to a number on the guided tree tour, one with the tree's name, and a third that I can't remember. Anyway, for some reason the squirrels are stealing them. The park is beautiful, we ate lunch there. Neat that you performed there!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home