Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Restaurant Reviews Return

I’ve been out to lots of great restaurants since last posting a restaurant review. Where to start? The Village? Midtown? Brooklyn Heights? Fort Greene? Boerum Hill? How about my ‘hood first...

Lantern on Montague between Hicks and Henry is just the kind of restaurant that is needed in B Heights. Not outrageously priced, yet it has good ambiance and solid food and service. My veggie spring rolls (especially the sauce) were very tasty! Good Thai iced tea too.

My new fav local spot is Tazza on Henry just north of Atlantic. I actually think it’s a bit pricey for a café/a spot to grab a quick sandwich, but the food is high quality and it gets major points for reminding me of the cafés I came to love in Germany (it even has good Euro-style bread.) Last night I had a brie and apricot panni that was most memorable. Fantastic! Good fresh brewed ice tea and lemonade too. I am highly dismayed that the café had a little (maybe somewhat big) problem with the health department earlier this month. I think it looks clean now and plan to go back again and again!

The Heights review that I can’t yet write is for Five Guys Famous Burgers and Fries. At some point I heard it would open on June 2. But a quick peak into the store window reveals much work to be done. They have, however, recently installed a video screen that shows a live image of the front window and dining area. A bit odd yet intriguing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

You know you have worked for the British too long when you start using phrases like "my panini was most memorable" :)
There are a couple Five Guys in DC... I haven't been but my old co-worker loved it. When I run past the one in Georgetown, it is always packed.

xoxo
KT

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home