Sunday, October 01, 2006

Time for a Break

Unable to set up any apartment appointments this weekend, I decided to head to DC for a quick overnight. I wanted to see Katie and as an added bonus, my cousins, Corey and Niki were in town. In my opinion, the trip was quintessentially DC: good food and funny politics.


Niki and Corey at the Dupont Circle metro


Singapore Bistro...YUM!!!

We went to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants for Jakarta fried rice and Crab Rangoon (wontons), then it was off to the Capitol Steps concert. The Capitol Steps are a political satire group that sing about everything from Hugo Chavez’s UN address and Bill Clinton’s “indiscretions,” to the Washington subway system and NSA wiretapping. I’ve been listening to them since they sang about dropping bombs on Saddam (the first time) and continue to laugh hysterically every time I see a show.


The Capitol Steps sing about (while dressed up as) stem cells

Sunday morning we headed to the zoo to see the baby panda who is not such a baby anymore. We lucked out that all three pandas were in the yard. The baby was sleeping in a tree and dad was sleeping on the ground, but mom was very active. Unfortunately, this was the last picture I shot before the battery in my camera went dead. (Of course my battery would go dead right before the adorable panda starts munching bamboo…ARGH!!)



The added entertainment of the weekend was the conversation that results when you get multiple members of my family in the same room together. I was laughing so hard I went into that strange silent, eyes watering, laugh. Though I threatened to post all the conversations on the blog, what is discussed in DC stays in DC;-)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya, Erin!

Niki and I had a GREAT TIME in DC with you and Katie . . . what a surprise to have you join us . . .

Niki and I went over all the things we did over the weekend on the plane - we can't believe we experienced so much in such a short amount of time . . .

Can't wait to repeat the experience in New York . . .

Yes. What gets disclosed in DC stays in DC . . .

11:23 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

It was fantastic to see you both!

In related news, I might be getting closer to having a place for you to stay when you visit New York... I've got an appointment with my favorite broker to see an affordable 1Br tomorrow morning. Keep your fingers crossed:-)

4:25 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

AHHHH, NO CLUBBING!!

My apartment is open to whomever would like to ring in the New Year in Times Square. Unfortunately/fortunately, this is a Taylor Family Reunion year so I will be in Williamsburg with the gang to ring in 2007.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were in DC!?

10:01 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Sorry I didn't get in touch with anyone! I didn't decide to go down until Friday night and only hung out with the fam. I might be down for business in a couple of weeks and will give you a call.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home