Sunday, April 22, 2007

Spring has sprung

Spring has sprung from the Promenade in Brooklyn to Central Park in Manhattan. Here are some pictures I've taken in the last couple of days.

An eagle shaped garden decoration on the Promenade. See it? I wonder if it has a special meaning or history.


Forsythia on the Promenade





A glimpse of Lady Liberty through the forsythia






No FKK in Central Park, but seeing a park this packed does remind me of Germany





Central Park Boat House






Me and Heather





Meanwhile, check out this New York Times article about springtime in the city. Good stuff!! (p.s. you might have to register with the NYT to view the article.)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when the ferry to governor's island opens, you must go. it's like some wierd unspoiled 19th century paradise; very green with excellent views.

7:57 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

glad spring finally made it to your half of the hemisphere :-) and a note to the last commentor-- has the wedding already taken place?

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just say (again) how jealous I am of the East Coast weather? I walked around the local Strawberry Festival on Saturday wearing a long-sleeved shirt and sweater, until it started pouring down buckets of rain. I did get to eat funnel cake with fresh berries, though, so that minimized some of the sting...

Looking forward to seeing the three of you in May! :-)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I was strolling on the Promenade this weekend, saw Governor's Island and thought about you Lex. Can't wait to go see it this summer!

Lex better not be a married woman yet! Then again, let's review how I heard about the engagement... "Dear Erin, here's the recipe for pizza dough I told you about. I've also been thinking about how we can make dessert spaetzle. Let's talk later. Lex. p.s. Emil and I are engaged."

JP, sorry to hear the West Coast weather isn't being nice to you. Come East young woman, come east! I had a Mr. Softee chocolate ice cream cone with sprinkles after my walk in Central Park--YUM!!

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wedding is Friday. I'll try to take pictures.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Great pix, Erin! Hope you and Heather had fun in Central Park.

I cannot even begin to tell you just how happy I am that this is my last finals-and-papers-filled spring EVER!!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Lex, YOUR WEDDING IS FRIDAY, OMG!! I can't wait to see pictures!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home