Saturday, April 07, 2007

Double Happiness

Take the #6 to Spring Street; walk down Mott until you feel like you’re entering Chinatown. Just past Broome you’ll find a steep staircase that is not suitable for those wearing high heels or those who have already knocked back a few. Carefully navigate the stairs, push through the swinging doors and enter Double Happiness, the speakeasy turned gay bar turned chill, cozy hangout known for green tea martinis. The “Orange Lady” cocktail is also great:-)

From the look of the sound board, I bet the bar is quite lively on the weekends. But during the work week, groups of friends, couples meeting for a romantic drink and those who wanted to relax at the bar could all find their spot.

I should really develop my own special restaurant/bar rating system. Until I do, I’ll just call Double Happiness “a good thing.”

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We (the Rochester Stringers and the Franklin, TN Stringers) would like to know why the evening ended so early... Heck - we didn't even get back ourselves last night from our wild night on the town until nearly midnight!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I don't believe the posting said that the evening ended early.

And what on earth were the Stringers doing out until midnight!?

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why -whooping it up with the Bluegrass crowd of course! Thought we would take a break from the country honky-tonks and try bluegrass this time - very fun! You need to visit Nashville again and check out the Station Inn.

:)

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were guessing from the time of the post. Did that mean that it was your activity of choice from the prior evening, and you had just gotten home after dark the next night??? Hee hee.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

yup, you caught me, I was partying for 24 hours straight. What I NY life I now lead;-)

Glad everyone had a good time in Nashville. I was just thinking about the restaurant/bar in Nashville that serves fried pickles and the NashTrash tour. I can't wait to visit again soon!

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The embarassing thing was that Mom and Dad were still going strong at midnight - it was my wife and I who dragged us home . . .

CJS

5:17 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

a rating system is a great idea-- my ex-roommate and her mom rate wines using cheese wheels, maybe you could come up with a multi-part rating system with price/quality and vegetarian-friendliness :-)

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home