Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Easter

Happy belated Easter!

Here are some highlights of my weekend at home:

The good news is that I found a dining table and sideboard at IKEA. Those who have seen my apartment are surely thinking: “but Erin, you don’t have room for anything else in your apartment!!” Yes and no…I want to use the table the TV is on (kindergarten table) for the coffee table, and the sideboard for the TV and as a dresser. I’m going to keep the table behind the couch and will bring it out when I get the bug to have dinner parties (I can’t believe how long it’s been!)

The horrifying news is that I watched Borat with my parents. I could have rented the last copy of Rocky (obviously a Philly fave.). I could have rented the 2nd to last copy of the Nativity (apparently an Easter choice.) We could have watched the perennial Easter choice, The Ten Commandments. But noooo, I had to rent a movie whose only redeeming quality might have been that Borat’s accent was so heavy I think my mom didn’t understand everything he said…though the images were quite clear:-0 There are funny parts to the movie, but it is definitely not for the whole family!

The cold news is that we made it to the sun rise service at Church. The Presbyterians in Newtown actually have two churches: a Norman Rockwell-esque building for services from September-May and a building that pre-dates the Revolution that is only used in the summer because there is no electricity or heat. The historic church is also used for a 7am service on Easter Sunday and in normal years the ambiance makes up for any chill that might be in the air. But this year it was FREEZING! We brought blankets like we were going to the Thanksgiving Day Parade!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos on renting Borat to watch with your parents. Even I, who rented American Pie - the Unrated Version to watch with my Mom, and was responsible for my in-laws watching Bubba Ho-Tep with my grandparent-in-laws, didn't even dare to watch Borat with my own wife!

I can't even imagine!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I first saw the movie on the plane to London but didn't realize until Saturday night that I had OBVIOUSLY fallen asleep during some of the more questionable parts of the movie.

Let's just say that Saturday night was one of the more uncomfortable experiences of my life!!!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Wow, I haven't seen it, but from what I've heard -- not a fun movie to watch with the parents!

Congrats on the new furniture and getting your place set up the way you want it to be!!

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home