Monday, April 02, 2007

"We Won"

My mom and dad paid an unexpected surprise to the Heights on Sunday to help me plant some spring flowers. The Christmas greens were dead and it’s written in my lease that I have to maintain the flower boxes, so their help was much appreciated.


We found peanuts buried in both boxes. There are some busy squirrels in my neighborhood!


Smile:-) The magnolia tree in front of the building is a couple of weeks away from blooming, which will be gorgeous too.

My mom may be flashing a midwest friendly smile, but inside lies a gardening tiger. She says we are in competition for the best flower boxes on the street. The self-proclaimed verdict: "we won!"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is no doubt, that you win this competition!

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture of your mother!

CJS

10:06 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks!!

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting your Dad and me invade with our gardening bucket and flowers! In case anyone wants to know, you have primrose, ranunculas, pansies and vinca vines in your boxes! (Also crabapple branches and pussywillows for height!) I am already sewing a 4th of July bunting for the boxes...look out!!
Love you, Mom oxoxox

8:36 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks Mom! The flowers have really brightened up the apartment and the building!
LOVE
ET

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home