Sunday, November 26, 2006

Turkey, Family and Packing

Thanksgiving weekend was great!

Most planned moment: my mom cooking an "emergency back-up turkey" to be used in case of a turkey disaster.

Most delicious moment: the first bite of my dad's stuffing with apples and dried cherries and my mom's refrigerator mashed potatoes (potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese.)

Funniest moment: my sister explaining to my mama the idea behind the MTV program: "Yo mama"
"Yo Mama's like a ferris wheel at an amusement park, everybody's been for a ride."

Biggest surprise: our Michigan friends bringing their dog...bringing the number of turkey-hungry bichons in the house to 3!

Best moment: sitting down around the dinner table with close family friends from here and Michigan. Isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about:-)

The rest of my weekend was spent getting ready to move at the end of the week. My room was a disaster! Among the strange discoveries that the cleaning revealed: a Barbie and Ken doll, high school German notes, and a bunch of pre-Euro European currency. There was also lots of stuff from my old office and apartment that was repacked and will find its way to NYC. (Though the giant “A slice of American life has a German filling” German-American day cake poster will not be re-hung in my office.)

Now it’s back to the commute (the last week!) and work. Send me your good weather vibes; my move-in weather is supposed to be rainy, then cold and possibly snowy…always an adventure:-)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you found the Barbie and Ken dolls which you enjoyed playing with during your college years!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

darn, I guess my secret is out:-p

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,

We are so excited and pleased that you have a move in date for your apartment in Brooklin. Wish we could be there to help. You will not know what to do with your "extra" time!

Love, G&G

11:19 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I was invited to two parties the first two days I'm in the city... I think I'll find something to occupy my extra time;-)

Wish you could be here too, but by Christmas everything will be neat and tidy and much more fun to see.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Hey Erin -- good luck with the move and enjoy the countdown to no more commuting (t-minus 3 days)!

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's snowing here now...and it's heading your way!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home