Sunday, August 03, 2008

AAARRRRRRRR

While walking to Captain Carnivore's last week, I was drawn to the smell and then the sight of two women eating wings and blue cheese sauce out of a SUV. One was in the driver's seat while the other one was leaning on the window from outside. Matt's funniest food sighting involves people enjoying peel-and-eat shrimp on the subway, so I thought this was a close second in terms of funny food in funny places.

Anyway, the sight of chicken wings distracted me from what was lurking just ahead--4 boys, aged 8-12. I didn't think anything of it until one of them asked me what I thought was "do you have a Blow Pop for me?" Upon further reflection I realized the word "pop" was not in his question. Oh my!! As soon as that comment ended, the next youngest one came running towards me and yelled "AAAARRRRR" in my face. To which I yelled back, "AAAAARRRRRR" (hope I scared him!) As soon as that exchange ended, the smallest kid turned around and threatened to moon me!

They moved on, cracking up down the block, while I walked inside Matt's building with a look of stunned amusement on my face. Did that really happen? Yes it did! I'm still shaking my head in disbelief!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TOO FUNNY! I would have paid money to see that! Proof that Ellie was right when she said that 12 year old boys were gross :)

xoxo
KT

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so is that area usually frequented by hookers that that is even an appropriate question to ask??? WTF?

AB

3:13 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

NO, Matt's neighborhood is not frequented by ladies of the night!! Anuradha!!!

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The implication with that comment is that you look like a hooker.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

No it is not!! :-P

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ET, I mean no disrespect to Matt's neighborhood. In fact, in DC, there were prostitutes hanging out in my pretty expensive neighborhood in dupont circle. That is where the cash is. Also, don't you remember the prostitutes in DC that were frequenting an upscale hotel because that is where the Senators hang out?

As for you looking like a hooker, that was not my implication, but you are one sexy (and classy) mama :)

AB

10:01 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

AB, You are too funny...LOL LOL!!

Thanks:-)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Niki said...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! I never would have had the guts to attack back like that. I love it. Sounds like you can handle yourself just fine. ; )

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home