Monday, July 28, 2008

Aunt Barb and Lexy, Read This


I'm embarrassed to admit that I've lived in Brooklyn for 1.5 years and have never bothered to get a library card... until Saturday.

Desire to read a book I read about in the newspaper convinced me that I needed to take the plunge and make my librarian aunt and friend proud. I marched myself into the Brooklyn Heights branch of the Brooklyn Public Library and 5 minutes later had my very own card.

The Rochester Hills Public Library it is not! But the library did have one of the two books I was looking for and a decent collection of movies (though more videos than DVDs.)

I bet the central branch of the library is quite nice. Hopefully it won't take me 1.5 years to make it there.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good girl Erin!! Don't be a stranger to your library - :) Aunt Barb

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

If we don't have a book in you can put it on reserve, and get it when it comes back from circulation.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

yes, thanks I did reserve a book from another branch.
Cheers!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home