Saturday, March 17, 2007

Erin Go Bragh

Happy St. Patty's Day!


A late season snow storm yesterday turned the city into a winter wonderland or a mess, depending on your perspective. But the luck of the Irish and department of sanitation was with the city and 5th Ave. was cleaned up in time for the 246th St. Patrick's Day parade this morning.


The parade was super fun to watch and the little kids in front of me who were yelling "nice skirt" and "where's the big balloons" added to the atmosphere. Colleagues had told me that I should expect lots of vomit and...people from New Jersey along the parade route. What I found was lots of drunk people and a few Germans (who found the parade "faszinierend!")


"Let's have a parade"


Look at that Tartan!


Irish dancers


Good choice of flag Sen. Schumer!


"Hi I'm Rudy and I'm running for president"


I hope that will wash out before work on Monday!


Irish-American pride


"Hi, I'm Mike and I might be running for president"


He colored his dog's hair!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun!! Very cool video clips. You will have to teach me how to do that!
I didn't see any pictures of you in amongst this St Patties Day celebration. Did you wear a shirt that said "Erin Go Braugh"??
When you were much younger you hated it when kids would repeatedly say "Erin go bra, Erin go bra"!!!! If those kids could see you now!
Happpy St Patrick's Day my Erin Laurel!!
Love, Mom oxoxoxo

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

next year try watching the parade in front of the goethe institute; you will hear some of the most hilarious german commentary.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

No Erin Go Braugh shirt (please DON'T buy me one) and I also realized I left my "kiss me I'm Irish" socks at home:-( Next year:-)

ooh I will have to try Goethe next year! The Germans around me were quite funny. One was on his first trip to New York and the other comes often for business. The newbie said he loved it, though he thought finding a decent breakfast was nearly impossible. "Can't you just get a good broetchen somewhere?" the newbie asked the seasoned traveller. The newbie also commented that our crosswalk lights are different than in Germany and that he read on the plane that jaywalking might earn you a $50 ticket.

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like the parade went smoothly despite all the weather craziness! Glad to hear the firefighters were well-behaved. There were many people dressed in all sorts of green St. Patrick's Day gear at the various airports I visited on Saturday, but my only celebration was lunch at an Irish pub at Islip. Thanks again for all your help on Friday and Saturday -- you're the best cousin-in-law a girl could ask for!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home