Monday, February 26, 2007

DEE-TROIT Pride

I innocently placed my Detroit Tigers baseball hat on my head this afternoon and headed off to get my glasses fixed. So imagine my surprise when one of the opticians walked behind me at the glasses store and, with disdain in his voice, said “Detroit Tiger, hah!”

Instantaneously, my innocence was shattered, and I remembered that I am in the land of the New York Yankees, the team whose World Series bid was ended last year by…THE DETROIT TIGERS!! The second optician joined in the taunts and just about the only positive thing they could say was that at least I wasn’t wearing a Red Sox hat.

Little do those gentlemen know that they’ve now issued me a challenge. I am now going to wear my hat around town with pride and delight in taunting a whole city:-) Play ball!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!
Wear that cap with midwest pride!
Love, Mom oxoxox

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I wished I could have toured
With you two;

It seems you picked
Lots of sights
And could do it again
'cause you did it just rights;

So next time you do
Go see the world
Remember to invite
You know who.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home