Sunday, December 03, 2006

Pinch me...

…it doesn’t seem real that I have finally moved!

After moving the furniture on Friday, we packed the mini van to the ceiling and headed back to Brooklyn on Saturday. Luckily, Drew was willing to come over and help me get settled. Between my mom and dad and his help, my apartment was starting to look like a home by the end of the afternoon.

As you can see, there are still boxes to unpack, but my Berlin painting has finally landed in its rightful place and paper white bulbs have been planted and might bloom by Christmas. Unpacking has been a bit like Christmas; “Oooooh, I forgot I had that” was a phrase I used more than once this weekend.



arial view of my room taken from the top of my closet







After saying goodbye to Mom and Dad, I wasted no time heading out to see a bit of nightlife in NYC. I made a couple rookie subway mistakes, so the cocktails were already flowing by the time I arrived at Houstons to celebrate Katy’s 27th birthday. I had not participated in any of the planning (bad friend), but I thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with the girls for a fun evening. The homemade veggie burger and cocktail (it was pink!) were delicious and the company was a riot! For a brief moment I felt like a stylish hip New Yorker enjoying everything the city has to offer. But another subway mishap on the way home reminded me that I have a lot to learn!

What am I going to do tomorrow morning with the 1.5 hours that I won’t spend commuting? I could start to run off the two dinners that I had on Saturday:-0 Or I could relish watching the first snowfall of the year as I leisurely get ready for work. Hmmm, tough decision;-)


a Granny idea--garland on the ladder to the loft

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - it's fab! :-) Congrats on getting moved in and enjoy settling into your new place. Maybe now that you're "home" we can schedule a call. Let me know your new digits!

Liebe Gruesse,
J

1:43 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Hey Erin -- it looks so cute! Can't wait to see it!

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

City street lights,
even stop lights,
blink a bright red and green
as our ET moves into the city...
Shops and more,
so much to explore,
NewYorkAdventures galore!

Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn Heights
it's Christmas time in the city
Erin's new pad
is simply rad
Hope everyone visits her soon!!!
Love,
Mom oxoxoxo

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new home! It looks fantastic! Can't wait to come visit!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

awww thanks mom:-) Bonus points for using the word "rad!"

Of course you are all invited to visit.

J, still no land land, but I'll shoot you my cell number so we can chat.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Apt. Looks FAB!! And I love the berlin art on the perfectly happy yellow walls! ( Feng Shui says yellow is an agitating color but I tend to disagree and infact painted my bedroom at home YELLOW cause i Find it quite soothing, happy and relaxing.. and warm!)Can't wait to visit you!

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! Cannot wait to see it in person.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin,
Your place looks awesome. I can't wait to see it in person. J.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home