Thursday, December 14, 2006

Kamikaze Death Mission


I knew it was risky... the weak might not make it... but for the love of cute boots I had to go...shopping at Macy’s at 34th Street during Christmas. I will not lie, it was touch a go for a while-- fighting through the crowds at Penn Station, on 7th Ave., and surrounding the beauty counters on the main floor of the department store. Luckily, once I found the fantastically old wooden escalators that carried me to the shoe departments (oh yes there is more than one) I had a pleasant holiday shopping experience. And I must admit that the decorations are something to be seen—poinsettias, trees, bows, ribbons and red carpet create a Christmas dreamland. I dare say I might even go back in the next 11 days!

Equally precarious was my trip last night... to purchase a mattress. Talk about the forest of no return! Who the heck knows what I actually bought! I walked into the store wanting a firm queen mattress and had a certain budget. I ended up with a pillow top double, a bit over my budget but somehow ended up negotiating the price with the salesman. The brand is well known but the model is unique to the store so I can’t even do online research about what I bought. In the end, the double is a more sensible size for my room and it will certainly be more comfortable than the air mattress on which I am currently sleeping! Mission accomplished:-)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But a double doesn't offer nearly enough room for "recreational" activities!

-- You Know Who.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I think You Know Who is trying to cause trouble with a capital T.

And of course by recreational activities you mean a pajama and movie party with the girls!? I am confident that the bed will serve its purpose:-)

The issue came down to fitting a bed and dresser in the room and still being able to shut the door. City living can be a tight squeeze sometimes.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin you do realize that your "party with the girls" comment along with words like "pajamas" and "recreational" are going to bring some interesting visitors from Google who've used certain keyword searches...

9:27 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

You Know Who and Causing Trouble in WI have dirty minds! Do you delight in shocking me?

I of course had not thought about what type of visitors my comments might bring, but it will be funny to see if I get any extra visitors in the next couple of days. Last time I got extra visitors it was the Jehovah's Witnesses. For one extreme to the other I guess:-)

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin, a "pajama party with the girls" is no longer what it used to be. :)

-- You Know Who.

p.s. Yes, I do delight in shocking you :)

10:04 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

You Know Who, is in You Know What...TROUBLE!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home