Saturday, October 10, 2009

Farmers Market in Fall

Sigh, if I could spent every day at the Union Square farmers market I think I would live in NYC forever!

I headed into Manhattan earlier this morning and fell in love with the market all over again. Heirloom tomatoes are still bountiful and rainbows of chard and carrots are plentiful. Marvelously, pumpkins, apples, gourds and grapes and have also arrived.

I got a great deal on some mums ("Brunette Barbies") for the flower boxes, Mars and Marquis grapes and Macoun and Honey Crisp apples. YUM!

One of the coolest sights was a Grammercy Tavern employee pushing a giant wheel barrel filled with goodies for the restaurant. Too bad I didn't hop in!

Exciting day today...Matt, his sister and I are off to take a tour of the closed/not renovated part of Ellis Island. The tour is part of Open House NYC, a weekend of free tours in the city.

1 Comments:

Blogger Niki said...

THOSE TOMATOES ARE GORGEOUS! I just want to dive in with a salt shaker and gobble them all up. How was the Ellis Island tour?

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home