Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bonjour

Greetings from Paris, where the keyboqrds qre funny, the food is great at the weather has been pretty good.

The Eurostar was amazingly quick! And we were entertained by the little kid sitting in front of us who we named French Doug because we imagine he was exactly how my dad was when he was young...didn't sit still the entire time. Funniest moment was when he got a new Transformer like toy and was flying it around the train saying stuff in French other than his quick break into English, singing "I believe I Can Fly."

We ran along the Seine this morning to the Eiffel Tower and then it was off to lunch at a cafe in Saint Germain and a walk up the Champs Elysee.

We ended the day with a walk through Notre Dame and and afternoon dessert at an outside cafe on the island that adjoins Notre Dame (name escapes me at the moment) (Katie, pretending to look French)

Looking forward to tomorrow I am surviving with lots of mercis and bonjours, Katie is trying to learn how to say, "I speak not a single word of French"

6 Comments:

Blogger Niki said...

Je ne parle pas le francais! Well, that means "I don't speak French" anyway. You can also probably just say "parle pas" and people will get the hint. Unless the completely confused and vacant look on your face doesn't give it away first. ; ) So jealous! Six years of French class and I have yet to go to a French-speaking area (Canada didn't count because I didn't go to Quebec).

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you found a French pastry for me. Delicious I presume.

Uncle Larry

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh enjoy your time in the most beautiful city!!!!!

AB

11:47 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I can report that the dessert was delicious! Vanilla ice cream with fresh raspberry sauce and a generous portion of whipped cream, as you can see :) Even without knowing a word of French, we managed to successfully order dessert!

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do look French!

MM

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you stayed away from the gypsies-
You might be in a caravan playing a tamourine and wearing a colorful silk scarf on your head right now!
Ha Ha
family joke!
Mom oxoxoxo

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home