Sunday, February 01, 2009

Now that's some good motivation

As I mentioned last weekend, the plan for yesterday was to run to Donut Pub at 14th and 7th in Manhattan. I made it!! Don't think I've ever had such a wonderful raised glazed and cup of hot tea (likely both because Donut Pub rocks and because I was hungry and freezing cold.)

It's the kind of place where you expect a police officer to visit for a cup of joe (in fact I have seen NY's Finest in there before.) You sense that one of the waitresses has been there forever...quite a New Yorker but genuinely nice.

Here was my route (map courtsey of Captain Carnivore who also dutifully met me in the city and drove me home:-))

4 Comments:

Blogger Niki said...

Holy COW!! It looks so far when you see it on a map like that. Actually it IS far -- I have never, nor will I ever, run that far in my life! You go, girl!!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Don and Steph said...

Wow! What a route! Way to go. I like the way you think. I think it sounds awesome to cap off a run with a donut and hot tea!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Wow!! (And can I just say, thank you for introducing me to walkjogrun.net -- what a cool site.)

12:15 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

yes, the site is a bit difficult to get used to but it's very cool once you get the hang of it.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home