Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dispatch #1: A Ride on Dolly and From Jubilee to Millenium


Arrived safely on a plane named Dolly and had the best kind of row-mate for the overnight flight...a non-existant one.

After a quick lunch, I went for a jog across the Jubilee Bridge, along South Bank, across the Millenium Bridge and back along the Victoria embankment. While packed with Sunday afternoon strollers, it was a great route filled with street performers and London sights. I reminded myself a little of Bridget Jones as I jogged across the bridges...but with fewer bad habits.

A much needed shower and nap later, I was back out in search of a great Indian place for dinner. Anyone have a suggestion? I was one for two on my last trip. Sunday night I found Rasa in Fitzrovia. It wasn't quite what I was looking for but the black-eye peas and tomatoes in cocounut sauce with lime leaves was delic.

Down to business today and tomorrow...and to find a cheddar and spicy pickle sandwich:-D

p.s. picture is of the London Eye, Big Ben and Parliament. Not the view from my hotel window, but from the bridge right next to the hotel...not bad.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks great! Have a great trip!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Niki said...

Say hi to your old buddies Charles & Camilla for us!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Can't wait to join you!! 48 hours! London, and Paris, and Berlin- oh my :)

xoxo

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Study hard! Learn a lot! Look left!
Have a great time!!!
Love you,
Mom
oxoxox

ps
three cheers for Grandpa Lee and his new pacemaker!
I talked to him around noon and he sounds up beat and not groggy!
Love,
Mom

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KT- I don't know about you but I'm starting to feel like someone is getting more running miles in than me. How many blogs have talked about running now? Who's the geek now? DT

8:14 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

no I am aspiring to your level of geekdom;-D

Jog around St. James Park tonight...Ta

8:48 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh man... Erin is definitely putting me to shame (and doing me proud)! Look out Cherry Festival run :)

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home