Thursday, September 06, 2007

Par 3

Take a trip down Flatbush Ave., filled with ethnic food stores, dollar stores, dollar vans (another NY phenomenon) and people crossing the street at will. Keep on going past the old National Guard station until you reach the shore and you’ll find the location of my latest outing: the par 3 golf course at Jacob Riis State Park.

6 days after playing 18, Matt and I are still talking about how much fun we had. The course is very well maintained, especially for a public course that likely sees lots of use during beach season. It wasn’t crowded and the staff was friendly. The ocean is just a few hundred yards away, making the conditions a bit more challenging at times.

When we weren’t swinging, there were other sights to keep us entertained. Two groups who wheeled small coolers instead of their golf bags (filled with water for hydration, I am sure!) The girl in a baby doll dress and flip-flops was also quite a sight!

The course is open until November. I’ll be back!


p.s. I made good on my bet last night and went to see Superbad. Funny funny stuff! This is DEFINITELY NOT a movie to see with your parents, but there were a couple of scenes that had me in tears I got laughing so hard. Best of all, there is actually a good moral to the story! I can’t leave you with any quotes from the movie because most of them involve profanity or other words that I don’t use. But trust me, if you are looking for a no brainer that will leave you laughing, go watch Superbad!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you saw Superbad! I am very very disappointed :(

My parents used to live on/near Flatbush Ave when they first moved to the US!

Anuradha

10:33 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Well I probably would not have seen it, had I not lost a Yankees Tigers bet. But since I did, I will admit that it is hilarious. (But probably not an AB movie:-))

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ERIN!!!!

Don,t you remember, your G&G are supposed to approve EVERY movie you go to see!!

Love, G&G

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS

So glad you had so much fun playing golf!!

Love, G&G

7:46 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

holy moly, Superbad is NOT and G&G movie!

Wish you could have been there to play golf with us!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, if SB is not a G&G movie or an AB movie, does that mean that a G&G movie is an AB movie and/or an AB movie is a G&G movie?

I hope to meet G&G soon! Will there be an occassion to do so? ;)

AB

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home