Sunday, August 12, 2007

Catskills

I had a fantastic weekend in the Catskills! We stayed near Tannersville, a town that is busy in the summer because of the Katerskill Falls and camping. In the winter, the town's claim to fame is Hunter ski resort.

As usual, the story of the weekend can best be told in pictures...

The view from my bedroom window and the back porch of the house. Replace the Hudson River Valley with Lake Michigan and I would have thought I was at Jolli Lodge

Mini golf was the order of the day on Saturday. You can see Hunter Ski Resort in the background.

I spy with my little eye...

...The Hudson River Valley and North Lake

Is this art?

Us

A setting sun greeted us as we drove back to Brooklyn. From this perspective, the city looks as peaceful as is actually was in the mountains this weekend

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, very pretty! AB

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! Looks beautiful in the Catskills.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steph,

How can you tell what the Catskills look like. I only see pictures of.....Maattt!

DT from TC

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a good point, DT from TC...

bjs

10:50 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

So that's the smart-ass comment you were talking about;-)

Okay, fine, I'll admit the number of scenery pictures I took was not has high as normal. What can I say... :-)

10:54 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

i agree with previous comments- lots of pictures of matt :-) but that's good, because i don't think i had seen pics of him yet

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ET, don't worry, the "scenery" looks lovely ;) AB

11:43 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

well I'm pleased to see that so many people got to enjoy the "scenery" ;-)

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it all depends
on
what
your
definition
of
"scenery"
is.....

Love,
Mom
oxoxoxo

2:30 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Glad you guys had a good trip! All great pix, but the photographer in me especially loves the one of the NY skyline (even though I don't think that's the scenery that's getting all the attention in these comments)!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home