Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Revelations

I’ve had a couple of revelations in the last few days that help me to begin to crack the big mysteries of living in New York City.

First, you should never EVER take the 4-5 subway during rush hour. Outside of rush hour, it’s great—I got from 89th street in Manhattan to Brooklyn Heights in 30 minutes on Monday night. But during rush hours you stand smooshed next to a bunch of strangers, praying that no one sneezes on you and that everyone remembered deodorant! What’s more, you can cut the tension with a knife. As each stop whooshes by you can feel that riders are getting more and more irritated to be standing in such cramped quarters. New Yorkers with an attitude are the worst! In 2 moments of stupidity on Tuesday, I took the 4-5 to and from work. NEVER AGAIN. Now it is back to the “E”rin train…which may take a few more minutes, but I get a seat and the New Yorkers are tolerable.

My second revelation of the week is that life in New York might really just be a mix of Seinfeld and Sex AND the City. I’ve always been a huge Seinfeld fan. From riding the crowded subway to Yankee Bean Soup and "man hands" I see Seinfeld everywhere I go. But I recently caught a few episodes of S.A.T.C and am now hooked! While I don’t relate to absolutely every part of the ladies’ lives, their friendship dynamic as well as the dating dynamic seems to be right on! Scary! Perhaps I need to have a S.A.T.C on DVD marathon this weekend to confirm this theory.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely agree about "Sex in the City". I recommend watching the edited ones for basic cable though -- you lose all of the over the top shock-value-only nudity and still keep the best parts about the show!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree with Niki! If I could come out there for a SITC marathon girls weekend, I totally would! I love that show!

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

erin, when i miss nyc i check out a few discs of "Sex and the City." and the librarian in me needs to point out that it is actually "Sex and the City" and not "Sex in the City."

3:10 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

oops, that's an important difference!!!!! LOL! Will change immediately! What would Freud say:-0

3:39 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

There's the kind of Pritilata comment that has been missing from the blog for a few weeks now.

(turning red, but giggling as I type;-))

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home