Saturday, January 13, 2007

WOOOSH


I had the opportunity to take the Acela Express from New York to Philadelphia this week. For those who don't know, Acela Express is Amtrak's newest type of train. It's supposed to be super fast, the cars are new and quite often the train only stops in DC, Philly, New York and Boston. Think German ICE or ICE Sprinter train on the East Coast of the US.

The cars were super nice-- glass doors, good lighting, foot rests, lots of leg room. The bummer, however, was that my train stopped in Newark, Metro Park and Trenton. Three stops in New Jersey...PLUHLEASE! What's up with that? The New Jersey Transit Express for $11.00 doesn't even stop in Metro Park.

The tickets are pricey so I don't think I would take the express train if I didn't have to for business. Still, it was a fun experience. In the words of the Great Ferris Buller: "It is so choice, if you have the means I highly recommend it."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, Acela's just silly. You save like 20 minutes from DC to New York--might as well take the regional train and save the 70 bucks. -Mango (back online!)

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home