Monday, September 25, 2006

Small but important achievement

I may not have found an apartment, but I did find my local pizza store: Primavera Pizza and Pasta. Just like your doner kebab or falafel guy in Germany or your Coney Island hot dog guy in Detroit, finding your local pizza guy is critical. He plays an important role in the happiness of your stomach, without breaking the bank. The “slice” I had for lunch was classic NY pizza—thin, cheesy, sprinkled with pepper flakes and Italian seasoning and cost just $2.25… delicious! For those who don’t know, NY pizza is eaten by folding it in half longways.

In other news, I found Ritter Sport chocolate at a store around the corner. Is Ritter Sport chocolate non grata at work? Should I switch to Cadbury? No way! I'll just eat the whole bar by myself...fast:-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Basically, I will never understand why not any Pizza dude in the US except for real Italians in the East will know who to put Gamberetti or Tonno on a Pizza.

Anyways, I really admired your Germany diary. But given the fact I am german indeed, the NY diatribes of a mad housewife might be just as boring *g* Good luck Erin. I better wish you luck cuz you might be my next employer in 2009 ;-)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

There was no fish on the pizza at Primavera Pizza and Pasta. I don't know why we aren't more authentic. But then again, why do Germans put corn on their pizza? My personal favorite is green olives on pizza, but that's a rare topping on either side of the Atlantic.

Glad you liked Berlin Adventures. I must admit being a bit confused my the rest of your comment. But thanks for commenting, nonetheless:-)

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you're confused because you're not a housewife...but maybe i'm just as confused.

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and good luck with the apartment hunt!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

thanks for the pizza tip... as soon as I get settled, I will take a trip up to Columbia and post a review of the pizza in your
honor:-)

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home