Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My World

My world is currently revolving around 2 main thoughts: apartments and the environment.

The thought of finding an apartment in the city is overwhelming...and I’ve yet to actually see a single apartment! I am heading to the train station right now to scope out some different neighborhoods in Brooklyn and Astoria. The Upper East Side will probably wait until Friday. I've become an avid Craig’s List user, but am also searching other reality and broker pages. If only I had $6,200/month to spend, apartment searching would be a delightful experience:-) Since I don’t, the big question is whether I want to spend an additional 15% of one year’s rent to pay a broker to help me find a place. 15% just gone, down the drain, poof! That’s a tough pill to swallow! Full report later today…

In today’s installment of “Erin is readjusting to life in the US,” I seem to have a heightened awareness of leaving lights on in the house and a lack of diligent recycling. I almost freaked when I saw an empty milk jug in the trash. (My mom says she is censoring the blog and I cannot comment on the family’s “American behavior.” But this is America, so free speech rules and recycling is a free game topic to write about:-)) I’ve already been online to research the type of recycling that goes on in NYC. Looks okay, phew!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Go Fighting for the environment!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Absolutely I will fight for the environment. This morning, my mom criticized my dad for not turning the lights off and then once again threatened that I am not allowed to blog about the two of them. (LOL)

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home