Wednesday, December 16, 2009

DEE-TROIT

I had a marvelous visit to Michigan last week to see Granny and Grandpa and meet my new cousin Katherine Grace. Family, snow and wonderful food, what more could a girl want:-)

OPA!! We went straight from the airport to Greektown for some awesome Greek food. Why Greek food in NYC is so different than Detroit, I have no idea!














Santa was selling pointsettias at Eastern Market!



Katherine Grace, 3 months (with red hair that would make Grandma Trisha proud)















Katherine Grace












The cousins
















Granny and I made gingerbread votives (complete with stained glass windows made from melting Brachs' butterscotch candies.) They smell great and look lovely with glowing candles in them.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!

-KT

9:52 AM  
Blogger Anuradha said...

LOVELY! Next time you go, make sure you stop by Dearborn, MI. They have the most AMAZING Lebanese food there outside of Lebanon! (I have never been to Lebanon, but I imagine that this is the case).

10:00 AM  
Anonymous johnna said...

LOVE the gingerbread votives! I wonder if Werther's originals would work, instead of butterscotch?

Glad to see you're back to blogging!

Frohe Weihnachten und einen Guten Rutsch ins Neue Jahr!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

hmm, Werthers, I wondered about that too. Would be slightly worried that they aren't transparent enough but who knows when you melt them. The original recipe calls either for making candy or using Butter Rum Lifesavers. But darn if there wasn't a single pack of BR Lifesavers in all of Rochester, MI. Brachs was the improvisation but they worked great. I also think melting red and green Lifesavers would work good too.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home