Friday, May 08, 2009

Spring attire

Rainy spring means two trends are finding their way from the back of the closet-- rain boots and trench coats. The rain boots are amazing; everyone seems to have a pair! Mine are Kermit the Frog Green. I was apprehensive to wear mine for a business meeting a few weeks back only to discover that every other woman was wearing a pair. Okay, mine are green and everyone else's were New York black, but still, Wellies are a must in a city where the subways flood as soon as the first drop of rain falls.

The trench trend is also interesting. 1. because I want one but can't find anything I like other than the classic Burberry trench, which is certainly not in the budget. Where can I get a reasonable stylish, khaki colored, water resistant trench??? Is that too much to ask? 2. why don't women know that you have to let the cross stitch out of the back vent. I am seen a few poor women whose butt looks like it is splitting the jacket. Snip, snip ladies, the vent is meant to flap.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you are hilarious!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Anuradha said...

Ugh, that drives me crazy too! I want to run around the snip them myself.

I am on the lookout for a trench too. I saw a lovely strawberry one the other day that I LOVED. I am not a fan of khaki, so a bright color will have to do for me. Although, rainy days are usually dreary, so why not add a splash of color to the scenery?

4:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

black trenches seem to be popular this year. They look great on people but I am not a black person if something else is available.

Strawberry would be nice!

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your Mother was still dressing you....I would have found a lovely Rothchild coat with a PeterPan collar, maybe a little Red Riding Hood hood, preferable in pale blue or a pastel pink!! Oh those were the days!
Mom oxoxoxoxo

1:37 PM  
Blogger Corey Stringer said...

Embarassingly enough, - head to a Burlington Coat Factory out in the burbs. Nice trenches. Great prices. Nobody needs to know where you got it . . .

11:43 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Nothing wrong with the Coat Factory. I actually just found the Manhattan one last night:-)

12:43 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

thanks for the tip!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home