Saturday, January 24, 2009

I am ruuunning

Seems that running at midnight on New Years really has helped in my resolution to keep running. A few weekends ago I ran to MUD to get a chai latte-- that's over the Brooklyn Bridge, around City Hall and up Broadway to 9th street for those not familiar with the wonders of MUD.

Last weekend, it was a jog down from Woodley Park in DC through Dupont and down Pennsylvania Avenue to the Capitol (aka presidential parade route.)

Not wanting this weekend to be completely over shadowed by last weekend's fun, I decided for a run into Manhattan on the Brooklyn Bridge and back to Brooklyn on the Manhattan Bridge. Fun trip with the exception of the fact that morning shoppers in Chinatown slowed me down a bit as I approached the Manhattan Bridge. I liked the Manhattan bridge because it was flat a seemed more shielded from the wind than the Brooklyn. It does, however seem longer. I got really excited when I spotted a rolled up note stuck into a hole and taped to the edge of the bridge. My first hope was that it was not terrorism or suicide related. My second (much better) hope was that it was a fun urban message in a bottle. I think it was supposed to be a fun message but it didn't make much sense to me-- something about avoiding the holes on the bridge. I the paper back in the hole for someone else to find and wonder about.

Not sure where next weekend might take me...though the Donut Pub on W 14th street is a strong contender:-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for the Donut Pub; and, if it is raining or something, take a taxi.

Love, Uncle Larry

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news Erin. I just received an email that registration is now open for the Cherry Festival 15K at www.cherryfestival.org.
Dave, Lisa & Ellie

8:27 PM  
Blogger Don and Steph said...

Run, Erin, Run! :)

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home