Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sunset over Lake Nicaragua



This was the sunset over Lake Nicaragua on Thursday night. We all made a guess as to when the sun was going to set and the person who got closest got her tent pitched for her. I wasn't the winner but that was okay because it was fun to pitch my very first tent:-) The lesson for next time is to pick a flat spot on the beach!

My final thought on Nicaragua is that I found it really cool to travel somewhere so different but only one time zone away. It just felt like I popped down to Nicaragua-- a short jaunt versus a trip across the ocean. I was also struck by the noticeable American influence--much more so than in Europe. Everything from the plugs, money and products seemed very influenced by the US.

Nicaragua has definitely left me ready to explore another Central American country. Costa Rica here I come:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home