Thursday, October 11, 2007

PB & Js

Don't feel like a Dosa from the Dosa Man? Head down the street to Peanut Butter & Co, the peanut butter and jelly sandwich restaurant located on Sullivan at Bleecker in the Village.

Upon walking into the restaurant, you are transported back to a 1960's kitchen. I had a classic PB&J with strawberry jam. Matt had the Elvis-- grilled peanut butter sandwich, stuffed with bananas and honey. Both came with the perfect bag of plain potato chips and 2 carrot sticks. (None of that kettle chip nonsense...just quality regular chips!) Had we ordered milk, it would have come with a twisty straw. Our homemade cherry coke was great nonetheless. Baloney and chicken salad sandwiches are also on the menu. It is a bit pricey for a PB&J, but not out of line with what you pay for a grilled cheese or mac & cheese at those respective theme restaurants. I will say that the peanut butter was super good! I will likely be back to buy a jar!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But the big question from all of us in the hinterlands - how much did you PAY for your PG&J?

CJS

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, PB&Js remind me of exams. The only time I would eat a PB&J sandwich was while I was taking an exam. They are the perfect exam snack because they don't need refrigeration and contain plenty of protein to keep the energy levels going without lots of carbs to make one sleepy. For that reason, the the sandwich elicits anxious memories for me (most recently on the bar exam), but I am glad that you and M enjoyed!

AB

11:57 AM  
Blogger Lexy said...

do they cut the crusts off for picky eaters? not that i'm a picky eater, i just like to know...

3:39 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

The original was $5.00 and the Elvis was $6.50. More expensive than your average deli, but I figure the bread was a notch or two above Wonderbread, the Peanut Butter is supposedly something special and we're in NYC...all in all not too bad:-)

3:48 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

LOL, Lex! Yes, they will cut off the crusts. My favorite Ft. Greene resident considered no crusts but in the end decided the crusts could be eatten:-)

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! The "Elvis" sounds like my favorite breakfast fare. M gets kudos for that choice... he's a keeper! ;-)

9:15 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Yet another place I want to go next time I'm visiting you in NYC!! (I'm going to have to start keeping a list!)

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That place sounds like my idea of heaven, and Corey's idea of just the opposite place! I'm totally going there on my next trip up (which is apparently going to be right after New Years, btw.)

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home