Thursday, April 01, 2010

Yoga

Down dogs and warriors (1&2) and plank position oh my!

Christina convinced me to try yoga last night.

Q1: where to go? There seem to be about 100 yoga studios between BH and Ft. Greene. Where's the best? Who knows, but we selected Mala Yoga in Cobble Hill.
Q2: what to wear? I decided that if I stick with this I will get myself something from Lulu Lemon! But in the meantime, a pair of running tights and a t-shirt seemed sensible.

As the class started, the instructor encouraged us to think about what we were feeling (um, I'm feeling I want to giggle). "Think about someone you're going to do this class for" (um, my mom, who giggled the time she did a meditation class). "Now let's do three chants of Ohm" (um, okay, now I really want to giggle!)

But my the third Ohhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I was getting into it.

The stretching was great and as a beginner I think I did pretty well.

At the end of the class, as we laid on the floor, covering our third eye with our index and middle finger, while switching between covering my right and left nostril with my thumb and ring finger as I exhaled. (Yes, another giggle moment, but I kept it together as I thought it would be frowned upon:-))

Yoga next Wednesday? Since I am not too sore today I think I'll definitely go back for round two!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

who was the teacher last night?

9:07 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Lauren M. She was a sub for Stephanie. She was really great!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Anuradha said...

Yoga is what got me through law school. I don't do it much anymore, but it is great to know it is there to get through difficult times when I need to find peace.

I am starting a 4 week bellydancing class next week. Now that is going to cause some seriously giggling (from the people watching me!)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

yes it was very relaxing. And I smiled a good part of the way home...probably a mix of being relaxed and still wanting to giggle;-)

Let me know how belly dancing is. Some of the yoga studios offer it and I am kind of interested!

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you've jumped on the yoga train! Yoga is keeping me sane in grad school. I go twice a week and have a hard core teacher. No omm chats here. But still, a good workout. - J

1:46 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Glad you had fun!! Did Christina like it, too?

Enjoy the bellydancing, Anuradha!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home