Friday, January 29, 2010

Cambodian sandwich

Nicky's is still my favorite for Vietnamese sandwiches. But what about a Cambodian sandwich? 6 days ago, I could not have even imagined what Cambodian food might be like. But now I know...or at least I've tasted (a probably yuppie, NY style) Cambodian sandwich from Num Pang.

I tried Roasted Cauliflower with Thai and Chinese eggplant spread and soy milk chili mayo. Similar to a Vietnamese sandwich, this one came topped with julienned pickled carrots, a thin mandolin sliced cucumber and cilantro. YUM-O. I ate it so quickly, I didn't even have time to take a photo. Rachel enjoyed pulled pork with spiced honey. I think Christina dug into the grilled skirt steak with crushed coriander and peppercorn. I completed my lunch with a blood orange lemonade. Tart and delicious!

Num Pang is just south of Union Square, which makes it all the more appealing for a quick pop in. Stop by, you won't be disappointed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yum! Come to LA and I'll take you to Long Beach's little Phnom Phen. -J

4:03 PM  

<< Home