Monday, January 18, 2010

Haiti Update

Quick update to let you know that I arrived safely in Santo Domingo, then safely in Haiti and am now back in Santo Domingo. Will likely be home by the end of the week.

I can't even put my Haiti experience into words as I sit here. Talking about the conditions just seems like whining compared to what the victims of the quake went and continue to go through. For now I think a photo would be best. See I smiled about as much as was smileable--an amazingly good and amazingly bad experience that I will always remember...and blog about more once I've had a chance to get home and regroup.



Thanks to all for the nice messages. Talk to you all soon.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy to see you safe and sound! Will be anxious to hear all about the adventure - you are quite brave I think. Aunt Barb

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it is these unexpected life experiences that help us to either put... or keep... our lives in proper perspective.

Be safe.

Love you,
Mom oxoxoxo

7:48 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Thanks so much for the update! Stay safe and talk to you soon!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Niki said...

We're thinking of you in boring old Tennessee!!! We're dying to hear more and are so glad you remain safe. Just think of all the mundane things you can handle after an ordeal like this!

3:06 AM  
Blogger Anuradha said...

Can't wait to hear all about it. You are such a good person to be there helping . . . but we always knew that :)

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the smiles, ET. Glad to see you safe! J.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are well and safe. We can't wait to hear the stories.

Love, Dave, Lisa & Ellie

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home