Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The rest of the food tour

Katie and my food tour continued on Friday night at Artisanal, a brasserie on Park Avenue. The mission was fondue and man did we find some good stuff. We chose the grande artisanal blend with bread, apples and veggies.

The atmosphere was lively and we thought it was funny when the waiters and manager had to take a fondue stand out an emergency door and quickly out of sight of diners when it caught on fire. It was less funny when our fondue flame went out and when we were finally able to get someone to re-light it, it too soon got MUCH too big of a flame. That would be my main criticism of the restaurant, inattentive albeit friendly service.

If I ever go back, I'd love to dine in the Cheese Cave! Yes, they really have a cheese cave/room.

Saturday's food highlight was Carrot Top Pasteries on Broadway at 164th street. Katie knew about it because of her internship at the Track of Field Hall of Fame. The museum was closed when we tried to visit but the carrot cake made up it.

Did we do anything other than eat? Yes, our Saturday adventure was awesome. Story tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Yum, yum! Anywhere with a "cheese cave" has to be good, right?!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Exactly! I had tried to get all sorts of visiting and resident friends to come with me for fondue but I knew you would be the girl to take up my suggestion:-)

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home