Tuesday, November 04, 2008

November 4, 2008

Wow, so we have a new president, a historic election between two great and honorable Americans.

I was amazed by the reaction in New York. Yes, there were a fair share of election parties and media was out in full storm. Here are some shots from two big cable stations (for a girl who was a PolySci geek in high school, an election party in the Big Apple is a high point in life! We also got invited to the MTV party when we ran into a former Real Worlder...Matt and I realize that we will never be that cool ever again:-))







But I was shocked by the crowd in Times Square and the jubilation from the Pace University after Obama was announced victorious. It's 11:45 now and I can only hope the students behave and don't get too crazy. Ha, an unmarked police car drove past once and has now come back through lights a blaze telling everyone that the celebration is over.



E Biddy took a video from her window:-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome! So, tell us about the CNN party. Did you go to the MTV party? Did you meet any celebs? Did you get AC's number for my sister?

AB

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So exciting! J.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Sorry AC was busy reporting, no sightings:-)

We did meet a former Real Worlder (NY Season 1) who invited us to the party and a former president's grandson. Unfortunately we were too sleepy to make it to MTV. Oh well, guess there's a chance I'll still be cool and in NY 4 years from now...HA!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

frankly the cupcakes were the highlight of my evening. I mean come on, if I'm decorating cupcakes I'm happy:-)

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home