Friday, September 26, 2008

Where's ET?

Where have I been?

I feel like I've been stuck in traffic jams on the East Side all week. It's astonishing what kind of gridlock happens when the world's leaders come to town for the opening of the UN General Assembly-- everyone gets a motorcade and the NYPD takes the OVERWHELMING force approach. The president's motorcade came by and not only did all the streets between the Waldorf and the UN get closed to traffic, pedestrians were kept 1/2 block away on every side of the street for a good 10-15 minutes. If you don't need to do it in DC, I can't imagine why you need to do it in NYC. Craziness!

I've also been to the new Trader Joe's at Court and Atlantic. On the one hand, how cool! Located in the old Independence Bank building, the store is HUGE! Most disappointingly, however, the checkout line was no better than the TJ's at Union Square. Employees with "12 Items and less" and "More than 12 Items" signs still stood in the middle of an aisle at the back of the store indicating where the back of the line is. I'll be back some morning before the Cobble Hill yuppies and mommies with strollers are awake. But tonight I deposited my basket in the middle of the store and left empty handed. Pleasantly, Sahadis is just down the street, was half as crowded and just as inexpensive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home