Tuesday, June 24, 2008

More Mermaid Parade picts

Not quite sure what this group was doing. The hoola hoopers came out first, then the people on the ground came out and started singing something. I'm guessing it was "Ring Around the Rosie" because I heard "Ashes, ashes, they all fall down" at the end. Silly, silly





A cool fish! I think someone could do this in the Leland parade with a white fish or sturgeon!





Looked like this group was doing a seance around the police car. There costumes were great; can't really see it here, but they are all holding brightly colored feather dusters.





I just liked the height of the person on stilts in comparison to the parachute jump in the background.





Nathan's Hot dogs with a ferris wheel in the background. Very Coney Island! Capt. Carnivore and I want to go back to ride the Cyclone, eat Totonno's pizza and get Capt. Carnivore a Nathan's hotdog:-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Cool pictures!! I think mom could create a costume for you to wear next year... some of our 4th of July costumes could totally compete!

One question... You want to go back to ride the rollercoaster?? What?! I'll believe that when I see photograhpic evidence :)

9:58 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Well the Cyclone is an old wooden roller coaster, very Coney Island, doesn't go upside down and is closing this year.

I've been on rollercoasters before. I think the Cyclone will be like the runaway train at Disney. (And just remember, I've been on Space Mt. too!)

1:06 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

But you are correct, normally not my cup of tea...bring on the carousel!

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home