Saturday, January 05, 2008

Happenings on the block

3:30pm Saturday

The quiet in my apartment was broken by the scream of fire engine sirens coming down the street. But the siren didn’t stop, it kept screaming right outside my apartment. One of the idiotic students in the dorm across the street parked his car on the left side of street and far enough from the curb that the fire engine couldn’t get through.

I hope there were other fire engines that took the call because the Tillary St. engine wasn’t going anywhere fast. When the idiot showed up, he was issued a ticket and summons. Who knew that firemen could do that, but I’m glad they can and did!

I’ve also had the realization that I’ve become the old biddy who keeps watch over the street from her window. I’ve called 311 twice to report incidents and now I’m snapping pictures…oh my goodness!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you're quite old enough to be a 'biddy'... just a concerned citizen. :-)

Happy New Year (from the City of Fallen Trees)!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home