Sunday, April 10, 2011

Springtime here and there

Spring in DC means Cherry Blossom Festival time! I ran the festival's 10-miler race a number of years ago and did not enjoy it because it poured rain, was cold, windy and long. Fast forward to last fall, Katie, Noelle, Katy and I "won" the lottery to participate in the this year's race. Noelle was very dedicated to the training schedule, Katie Squared did their share of training too and I was doing okay until I missed 2 weeks of training because of Japan. The added pressure of this race is that you really can't walk because the roads have to reopen asap-- anyone not maintaining a 14 minute mile pace is picked up by the sweep bus. But come heck or high water, I was going to give it a try.

Here's the pre-race photo. Katie Squared ran together and Noelle and I brought up the rear. This year's race was infinitely better than the first time I ran it. We maintained our estimated pace and finished strong!

Spring has also sprung in Brooklyn. Flower Box Challenge 2011 has begun! I was not the first out of the gate but I've got corkscrew willow and ranuncula in my boxes! Take that neighbors!





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I witnessed the race, great job ladies! I admired the flowerboxes from inside the apt and from the street!!! Definately a beautiful touch of spring on Clark St.
A++ on both!!!!
Love ya xoxo

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ps thank you to both ET and KT for the beautiful hand woven pussy willow basket from one of the farmers markets in Brooklyn!!! It has a place of honor on the dining room table!!

Love ya xoxo

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home